Making the first step is always the hardest part of the job. That’s why we have prepared this tutorial to help you out.
Follow these 5 easy steps.
Step 1: Locate BigQuery Uploader for Sheets Add-on
Step 2: Setup New Upload
Step 3: Configure Your Upload
This is apparently the crucial part:
- Sheet Name – select the sheet which you want to upload to BigQuery
- Project ID – your Google Cloud project ID
- Dataset ID – your dataset in BigQuery needs to already exist before the upload. Also, your BigQuery API needs to be enabled in your project.
- Table ID – how do you want to call your table in BigQuery?
- Upload Type – you can select either Append or Overwrite
- Data Types – how should BigQuery treat your columns? You can select Autodetect, Manual, or All Columns as STRING
Once you are done, press “Save Changes”.
Step 4: Run Manual Upload
Step 5: See Upload Results
Here is the whole setup process recorded as GIF: